Friday, January 13, 2012

The Red Apple


I have been working on this documentary for 4 years. In all this time, Armenia is finally addressing the issue of gender-based abortion. I was waiting until my film got full funding to edit, but I see that this isn't a cause that can wait any longer. Here is the 5 minute demo... let's hope for the full length version to come out sooner than later.

In case the video isn't showing properly, here is the link:

http://youtu.be/0X-n3HvdH3o


Your support can make a HUGE impact!! I am looking for finishing funds to complete this documentary about gender selection abortion in Armenia. The stories these women have shared with me for this film are sacred, and with the support of people like yourself, I am determined to use their voices to challenge gendercide in Armenia and the world.

On behalf of Armenia Fund, you can send your tax-deductible donations to:

Armenia Fund U.S. Western Region
111 N Jackson St, Ste 205
Glendale, CA 91206

with a note "Sose Women Issues", which is the name of the non-profit we work with in Armenia. Armenia Fund will allocate 100% of these donations to Adrineh's non-profit, no overhead whatsoever. Or you can donate online at:

https://armeniafund.ejoinme.org/?tabid=319547

and write Sose's Women Issues in the "This is in honor of" field.

Every dollar counts!
THANK YOU for making this possible!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully, I will be on kickstarter soon... until then I can provide extra information to anyone who is interested. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS TO ARMENIA FUND!!!
    You can send your tax-deductible donations to Armenia Fund U.S. Western Region at 111 N Jackson St, Ste 205, Glendale, CA 91206 with a note "Sose Women Issues", which is the name of Adrineh Gregorianh's non-profit in Armenia. Armenia Fund will allocate 100% of these donations to Adrineh's non-profit, no overhead whatsoever. Or you can donate online at: https://armeniafund.ejoinme.org/?tabid=319547 and write Sose's Women Issues in the "This is in honor of" field. Every dollar counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank YOU I respect your work (your team's work)this problem is really huge and we can not ignore it anymore. and there is nothing about European or US politics and influence on Armenians, its about our own problems which existed before too. I love your videos done so far, thank you again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kara! I feel like no one will move on this issue unless they see it with their own eyes... told through the voices of the women :) I know they will make a difference in their communities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adrineh, this is a great 5-minute clip; I look forward to the full-length documentary. Thank you for raising awareness. This problem demonstrates the deep-seatedness our gender stereotypes -- that we're willing to prevent life simply because it's the life of a female body. Absurdity.

    Peace,
    Hasmig

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Hasmig! I really appreciate the support!! I have hope that the film will be completed very soon :) I am determined!! :)

    ReplyDelete