Monday, June 20, 2011

June 17, 2011


This next entry came sooner than I expected. It's 3:11am on a Friday morning. Where most people would be far along in their slumber, I, a Yerevan dweller, have just come home from a night of mixed emotions and experiences… just another typical day-you never know where it will take you. Today I learned some good news, some terrible news, and had to say goodbye to one of my dearest friends (his fate is to be determined by Armenia's army). I'll leave the good news at bay until further notice, but I'd like to reflect on the bad news: my friend passed away from unexpected health complications. He was an amazing person who emitted positivity like no other. I suppose the shock hasn't withered away yet, I still can't contemplate the loss, his mortality, and other such questions about life….


All this amidst a night a music and friends (some old + some new + some visiting), there were birthdays, goodbyes, hellos, DSLRs capturing it all, and way too much second hand smoke. Armenian reggae, blues, Beatles, a few shots of vodka, and much more… all on a Thursday night.


Having traveled a good sum, I've never experienced a city where you can walk into any given bar on any given night and see friends in one corner and a group of musicians jamming in another. Everyone in perfect harmony with each other, enjoying each other's company, breathing life into Armenia's capital city.


Throughout the night we remembered our dear friend and his exceptional peaceful outlook on life. It is within this context that I met him three years ago…


https://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-Yerevans-Dolphins-In-Memoriam-Dibar-Tcholakian/218786371475320?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment